Copyright/Permission to Reproduce
Materials on this Web site were produced and/or compiled by the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
- Information on this Web site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal or public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole, and by any means, without charge or further permission, unless otherwise specified.
- Users are required to:
- Exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- Indicate both the complete title of the materials reproduced, as well as the author organization; and
- Indicate that the reproduction is a copy of an official work that is published by the Government of Canada and that the reproduction has not been produced in affiliation with, or with the endorsement of the Government of Canada.
- Unless otherwise specified, this authorization is also applicable to all published information regardless of its format.
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from the Government of Canada's copyright administrator, Public Works and Government Services Canada. Through the permission granting process, Public Works and Government Services Canada helps ensure individuals/organizations wishing to reproduce Government of Canada materials for commercial purposes have access to the most accurate, up-to-date versions. To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes please contact:
Publishing and Depository Services
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Ottawa ON K1A 0S5
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on Government of Canada Web sites are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. This is particularly true of sites that are jointly operated by a Government of Canada institution and an external organization as part of a collaborative arrangement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply and it may be necessary to seek permission from the rights holder prior to reproducing the material.
- The Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada Web sites do not automatically gather any specific personal information from you, such as your name, phone number or e-mail address. We would only obtain this type of information if you supply it by sending us an e-mail or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- All personal information created, held or collected by this department is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that at any point of collection you will be asked for consent to collect your information or advised of the authority for such collection. You will be informed of the purpose for which it is being collected and how to exercise your right of access to that information.
- The Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our Web site, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
- The Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada does not normally use "cookies" to track how our visitors use this site or to determine sites previously visited. If cookies are in use and you have your cookies notification option activated on your browser the system will notify you before any cookies are used so that you may refuse them. (A "cookie" is a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a Web site to allow it to monitor your use of the site.)
- Information on individual visitors is used by the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada employees who need to know the information in order to respond to your request or to ensure the security of this system. We only share the information you give us with another government department if your inquiry relates to that department. We do not use the information to create individual profiles, nor do we disclose this information to anyone outside the federal government.
Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act at the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada may be directed to the Privacy Co-ordinator by e-mail to Atip@irb-cisr.gc.ca; by calling 613-995-3514 or by writing to:
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada
Minto Place, Canada Building
344 Slater Street, 14th Floor
If you are not satisfied with our response to your privacy concerns, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at 1-800-282-1376 or through the Internet at www.privcom.gc.ca.
Official Languages Notice
The Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada respects the Official Languages Act and is committed to ensuring all information on this site is available in both French and English. However, users should be aware that some information from external sources is available as a courtesy and will only be available in the language in which it was provided. Some hyperlinks direct users to sites of organizations or other entities that are not subject to the Official Languages Act.
Disclaimers - External Hyperlinks
Some of the information on this Web site has been provided by external sources. The Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada is not responsible for the quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose of products or services available on external sites and listed or described on our menu; nor is it responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of the information contained on our Web site and supplied by external sources.
Please be aware that hyperlinks do change from time to time and in some cases those changes may not be reflected immediately. Please contact us if you encounter broken links, by e-mail at: email@example.com.
The Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada is committed to equitable access to information, regardless of the technologies used. We are continually striving to make our site accessible to all, including persons with disabilities and to those who use assistive devices.
Our website site is developed according to the Common Look and Feel Standards for the Internet, including the Accessibility Standards which require compliance with the World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) Guidelines Version 1.0 - Priority 1 and 2 Checkpoints.
If you have any questions about the accessibility of this site or if you are having trouble accessing information, please contact us: